mardi 17 avril 2012

The Baby Blanket



Last Sunday, we had a meeting at our Young Women President’s house to organize our YW camp of the year. After the meeting I started walking home along with one of the advisors. She works for a craft store and she is always doing wonderful projects. One of the nice things she does is to sew a baby blanket for the new born babies of our ward. She and I share the common misfortune of infertility so I think she is quite amazing and thoughtful to spend so much time sewing those baby blankets. Me I am just very good at buying the baby gift, not too much making one. Anyway, as we were walking, she said “I made one for you.” I was puzzled. What are we talking about? She then told me that she had made a baby blanket for me. Now, I am not pregnant and she knows that but she humbly smiled at me and said: “I know it will happen.” That was definitely the highlight of my entire year. It is such a touching thing for me to know that out of her busy life she did not only think and care about so many others but that she thought of me. We cried and hugged each other on the street with our hearts lifted up.

“I hope that we welcome and love all of God’s children, including those who might dress, look, speak, or just do things differently. It is not good to make others feel as though they are deficient. Let us lift those around us. Let us extend a welcoming hand. Let us bestow upon our brothers and sisters in the Church a special measure of humanity, compassion, and charity so that they feel, at long last, they have finally found home.”

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, ”You Are My Hands,” Ensign, May 2010, 68-69

4 commentaires:

Marie M. a dit…

Je suis contente de te savoir bien entouree. Cette soeur est en effet exceptionnelle et inspiree et son acte te soutiendra pendant longtemps. Je savais que c'etait dans vos plans, mais quand demenagez-vous? Et a part les sacrifices du foot et des livres, Scott est content? Faut que je t'appelles en soiree.

Carole a dit…

cette expérience est très très touchante! Nous vivons tout cela de tout coeur avec toi! et avec Scott aussi, dur dur de manger français!

Carole a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Anonyme a dit…

pour moi cette soeur (et cette exprérience), c'est la définition vivante de la Sté de Secours et de l'exemple du Christ autour de nous...